Under the supervision of a Team Leader, the Resident Assistant assists residents with mental illness and need 24- hour supervision. The Resident Assistants role is to assist/prompt residents to complete tasks such as activities of daily living and ensuring the residents independence and freedom of choice. All responsibilities will be conducted in a manner that is consistent with the philosophy of The Pride Group. This position is responsible for delivery of quality service, promoting good public relations, and for upholding the mission and standards of the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Pass medications correctly according to the Med Manager Course staying within scope of practice.
2. Assist/Prompt the residents in doing their laundry as assigned with help/supervision as needed to complete the task.
3. Assist/Prompt the residents with cooking as assigned ensuring the residents safety first and teaching them the skills needed to complete the task.
4. Assist/Prompt the residents to complete their cleaning tasks as assigned with help/supervision as needed.
5. Engage the residents in activities within the facility as scheduled on the calendar keeping in mind their wants, desires, and rights.
6. Ensure safety/security to all residents of the facility at all times.
7. Assist residents in getting to appointments as scheduled with support and supervision.
8. Work with other employed staff as a positive team to ensure the success and happiness of the residents.
9. Complete all documentation as assigned within 72 hours and according to the residents OAP plans in a true and timely manner.
10. Knowledgeable on all pride group policy and procedure, state and federal law as it relates to company compliance program and will hold team members accountable to the compliance program.
11. Encourage residents to speak their concerns and refer to therapist if needed.
PERFORMS OTHER RELATED DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
- Performs other duties as assigned by the facility RN/Team Leader
- Work as a team in keeping the facility a safe and clean environment for the residents to live.
This position functions under the direct supervision of the Team Leader.
- Current Med Manager Certificate
- Advanced training or experience with persons with disabilities is preferred but not required
- Current CPR- within 60 days of hire
- Valid Iowa Chauffer Driver’s License
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Current Physical and TB test
- Current Mandatory Adult Abuse Reporter Certificate- within 60 days of hire
- Demonstrated understanding of how The Pride Group operates.
- Must have a desire to work with the Mentally Ill or Handicapped
- Demonstrated effective communication, and interpersonal skills
- High level of literacy in written and spoken English
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationships and communication skills with all levels of employees, residents, the public, and Pride Group management
- Good initiative, judgment, leadership and problem solving skills
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Complete assignments timely, completely and accurately
- Exercise discretion and solid judgment while ensuring safety
- Detail- oriented and able to plan and carryout projects independently
- Must be able to demonstrate exemplary professional behavior in all aspects of the position
The dietary aide is responsible for the nutritional well being of all residents at their work location and for the delivery of high quality services as determined by the residents under the direction of a Food Supervisor and a Dietician hired by The Pride Group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assure the provision of high quality dietary services for each resident by adequately prepping, cooking, and serving 3 meals per day.
• Adequately prep and serve daily snacks.
• Ensure correct temperature of cooked products and maintain dates on opened products.
• Keep kitchen and staff dining rooms stocked with supplies.
• Maintain kitchen cleanliness after every serving following all checklists and guidelines.
• Maintain clean and organized stockrooms, coolers, kitchens, and freezers and ensuring proper rotation of food products.
• Help with the unloading of products delivered, also checking for damaged product and correct dates.
• Ensure ongoing compliance with appropriate local, state, and federal regulatory and /or accrediting body standards.
• Stays consistent with the philosophy of The Pride Group and complying with applicable state laws and regulations.
• Assume accountability for the implementation of approved policies and procedures as outlined in The Pride Group handbook.
• Utilize professional communication skills in dealing with staff, public, and residents.
• Ensure a safe and sanitary environment is provided for staff and residents; makes efforts to reduce safety hazards, accidents, and injuries.
• Follow the policies and procedures of the facility and communicate the program philosophy and goals.
• Maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality regarding residents, staff, and employer facility operations and ensure that resident’s rights are maintained.
• Ensure that the OAP plans are followed according to policies and procedures.
• Document on needed basis for residents that work in the kitchen
• Ensure needed documentation when kitchen staff participates in off-site activities
• Inform the Dietary Supervisor and document any problems or circumstances, which may compromise the integrity of the facility.
• Able to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily based on resident and company needs.
• Attend monthly in-services and any other scheduled meetings as scheduled.
• Follow the menus and diets of the residents under the direct instruction of the Dietician.
• PERFORMS OTHER RELATED DUTIES AS ASSIGNED BY FOOD SUPERVISOR OR ADMINISTRATOR