Under the supervision of a Team Leader, the Resident Assistant assists residents with mental illness and need 24- hour supervision. The Resident Assistants role is to assist/prompt residents to complete tasks such as activities of daily living and ensuring the residents independence and freedom of choice. All responsibilities will be conducted in a manner that is consistent with the philosophy of The Pride Group. This position is responsible for delivery of quality service, promoting good public relations, and for upholding the mission and standards of the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Pass medications correctly according to the Med Manager Course staying within scope of practice.
2. Assist/Prompt the residents in doing their laundry as assigned with help/supervision as needed to complete the task.
3. Assist/Prompt the residents with cooking as assigned ensuring the residents safety first and teaching them the skills needed to complete the task.
4. Assist/Prompt the residents to complete their cleaning tasks as assigned with help/supervision as needed.
5. Engage the residents in activities within the facility as scheduled on the calendar keeping in mind their wants, desires, and rights.
6. Ensure safety/security to all residents of the facility at all times.
7. Assist residents in getting to appointments as scheduled with support and supervision.
8. Work with other employed staff as a positive team to ensure the success and happiness of the residents.
9. Complete all documentation as assigned within 72 hours and according to the residents OAP plans in a true and timely manner.
10. Knowledgeable on all pride group policy and procedure, state and federal law as it relates to company compliance program and will hold team members accountable to the compliance program.
11. Encourage residents to speak their concerns and refer to therapist if needed.
PERFORMS OTHER RELATED DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
- Performs other duties as assigned by the facility RN/Team Leader
- Work as a team in keeping the facility a safe and clean environment for the residents to live.
This position functions under the direct supervision of the Team Leader.
- Current Med Manager Certificate
- Advanced training or experience with persons with disabilities is preferred but not required
- Current CPR- within 60 days of hire
- Valid Iowa Chauffer Driver’s License
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Current Physical and TB test
- Current Mandatory Adult Abuse Reporter Certificate- within 60 days of hire
- Demonstrated understanding of how The Pride Group operates.
- Must have a desire to work with the Mentally Ill or Handicapped
- Demonstrated effective communication, and interpersonal skills
- High level of literacy in written and spoken English
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationships and communication skills with all levels of employees, residents, the public, and Pride Group management
- Good initiative, judgment, leadership and problem solving skills
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Complete assignments timely, completely and accurately
- Exercise discretion and solid judgment while ensuring safety
- Detail- oriented and able to plan and carryout projects independently
- Must be able to demonstrate exemplary professional behavior in all aspects of the position